Skip to main content

Childcare Subsidy Information

If you are in need of financial aid to make Viking Discovery Program tuition payments, the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) may pay your tuition through the Child Care Subsidy Program (formerly Title XX). In order to determine eligibility for the Child Care Subsidy Program, the Department will review a number of factors including your gross income to include both earned income (for example: wages) and unearned income (for example: child support, Social Security payments, and Unemployment Insurance). 

In order to qualify for assistance, you must need child care because you are: 

  1. Employed; 
  2. Actively seeking employment; 
  3. Participating in an Employment First activity as part of the Aid to Dependent Children Program; 
  4. Attending school or training sessions; 
  5. Going to medical or counseling appointments for yourself or another child; and/or 
  6. Incapacitated (as verified by a physician). 

If there are two parents in the family, both parents must be participating in one of the activities listed above in order to qualify. Children under age 12 qualify. 

All families eligible for Child Care Subsidy may select a provider of their choice, however, DHHS will only pay for child care if the child care provider is licensed and approved by the Department. The Viking Discovery Program is licensed and approved by the State of Nebraska's Department of Health and Human Services! The Viking Discovery Program holds a Provider agreement with the Department and accepts tuition payments directly from the State of Nebraska. 

Seeking aid is the responsibility of each individual family in need. Viking Discovery Program staff cannot request aid on your behalf, but our Foundation Office Manager, Mary Havlovic, is happy to help families navigate the system. To learn more about the Child Care Subsidy Program contact ACCESSNebraska by calling 1-800-383-4278 (toll-free) or 402-323-3900 (Lincoln). You can apply for assistance online at For specific questions contact: 

Nebraska Department of Health & Human Services 
Child Care Subsidy Office 
P.O. Box 95026 
Lincoln, NE 68509-5044 
Office Phone: 402-471-9325