Summer Registration Packets are available NOW for 2022 family enrollment! Space is limited. We'll do our best to accommodate late adds, but registration packets submitted after Friday, May 6, 2022 may be turned away based on staffing and space limitations.
Registration is in packet form (ask for the pink packet). Packets streamline registration from an administrative perspective and provide families everything they need from one source. Each family needs one packet. Each packet includes:
1) Summer Registration Form
2) Family Handbook
3) Tuition Express Electronic Funds Transfer Form with Voided Check
4) USDA Food Program Form
5) DHHS Licensing Brochure Acknowledgement
6) Park & Pool Permission Forms
7) Request for Immunization Records
When ALL necessary paperwork is complete and returned in totality your student(s) will be registered for Summer Care! If something is missing, your spot is not guaranteed until the missing information is turned in. Only take a packet if you intend to register your family for Summer Care. Not sure? Please take the time to review Summer Care information by reading this website page. If you still have additional questions, our Program Director, Jen Shakespeare, welcomes your phone call! Reach her directly at 402-484-1122.
Summer Care 2022 Weekly Themes
VDP Summer Care operates 11 full weeks during the school-year break. Each of those weeks has a theme that dictates visiting experts, literature, and overall focus in planning. We are solely focused on programming for school-aged children, so all will have fun and stay engaged all summer long. Check out our 2022 themes!
May 23 - 27: Blast Off into Summer!
May 31 - June 3: Insect and Butterfly
June 6 - 10: Reptile
June 13 - 17: Beach
June 20 - 24: Art
June 27 - July 1: Stars & Stripes
July 5 - 8: History
July 11 - 15: Lego
July 18 - 22: Pirate
July 25 - 29: Dinosaur
August 1 - 5: Sports
Summer Off-site Field Trips
Friday, June 3: Lincoln Children's Museum
Friday, June 24: UrbanAir
Friday, July 15: Minions Rise of Gru Movie Theater
Fun Facts about Summer Care in 2022...
1) Each week has a theme! Please see above for predetermined themes. Students who use our Program throughout the entire summer will enjoy a wide variety of visiting experts and curriculum. Our Facebook page will have updates on weekly activities pertaining to each theme. Follow us on Facebook @145VDP .
2) Two nutritional, USDA-approved snacks and a complete lunch will be served daily. Viking Discovery Program has contracted with local business, KinderBites, to cater in completely fresh, all homemade lunches for the students. KinderBites is approved by the Nebraska Department of Education and the USDA. They have great reviews for their fresh, local quality food! Lunch cost is included in tuition fees.
3) Due to potential liability issues involved with transporting students to and from other various summer activities and clinics outside of the building in which they attend the Viking Discovery Program, we will not be able to provide any additional transportation services. If your child is enrolled in science camp, etc., you are responsible for the necessary transportation to get him/her to and from camp. Please remember to fill out our Activity Permission Form that allows us to dismiss your child from the Viking Discovery Program to attend said camp. These forms are available at all Program sites.
4) If your child has allergies that require an epipen or inhaler, ask your supervisor for the appropriate medication forms. All families may be asked to fill out additional release forms as needed.
5) We are dependable, affordable and convenient—The RIGHT CHOICE! Fully licensed by the State of Nebraska, the Viking Discovery Program is operated by the School District 145 Foundation for Education. The Foundation works with School District 145 teachers and administration to provide educational opportunities that cannot be funded within the annual district budget. The Foundation returns 100% of net profits from this Program back to the school district. Tuition rates of the Program are set by the Foundation to be competitive with similar programs, yet affordable to the families that we serve.
6) Registration is simple and quick for parents. Please Note: 2022 - 23 kindergarteners will not be able to attend the Viking Discovery Program until the beginning of the 2022 school-year. Each site may have a limited number of spaces, so return your Registration Form ASAP!